Embedding PresentMes into Your Blackboard Course
This tutorial will walk you through the process of embedding a Present.Me into a Blackboard course.
How to find a PresentMe
1. To find a PresentMe, type in the following url in the address bar: http://present.me
2. In the search bar, type in a topic, keyword, or person you would like to view a PresentMe of.
Getting the Embed Code in PresentMe
1. Once you have found a PresentMe you would like to put into your Blackboard course, click on the purple 'Embed This' button, it should pop-up a white box with 'Embed this presentation. Select the size required (the options are small or large - the large is the current size on present.me) Click the 'Copy To Clipboard' at the bottom of the box (or select the text and press Control + C for Windows or Apple + C for Mac users to copy the code).
Embedding the PresentMe into Blackboard
1. Log into your Blackboard course
2. Click on the Control Panel
3. Click on a Content Area you wish to add the PresentMe (Assignments, Course Documents, etc.)
4. Click on the Add Item button. 5. In the text box, paste the code you copied from the presentMe Embed text box. Remember to give your item a name. (Make sure you are in the Source code mode when you paste)
6. Click the Submit button when you are finished pasting the code (you can paste the code by going to Edit, Paste or by clicking Control + V or Apple + V) 7. Now you can view the PresentMe right inside your Blackboard course.
Embedding the PresentMe into Blackboard Discussion Board
1. Click on Discussion Board in your course and click the Add Forum button.
2. Name the forum and click the Submit button.
3. Click on the forum title and then click the Add Thread button.
4. In the text box, paste the code you copied from the PresentMe embed text box. Remember to give your thread a name. (Make sure you are in the Source code mode when you paste)
5. Click the Submit button when you are finished pasting the code and adding any text for instructions.
6. Your students can now view the PresentMe and answer the questions in the discussion board
7. For your students to reply and view the PresentMe in the discussion boards, have the students click the Reply button and then click the Show Parent Post button on the right hand side of the screen.
Note: Students can also embed PresentMes into their posts the same way an instructor can embed a PresentMe into a post.